CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

how funny would that be??






ok so here is a short story that explains a few things...last saturday i was looking on the loopy ewe and webs because i need a drop spindle and want yarn. my mom came over to the couch and told me that if i cleaned my room...super good...that she would give me two hundered dollars to spend on yarn and stuff. so i'm not sure if it is really gonna happen...i hope it does...but i started cleaning my room last night it took me awhile to just clean my top bunk...yes i have bunk beds. while cleaning i found my jaywalker pattern and i decided to start those after i finished a little cleaning. but for some reason i changed my mind. i decided to make fetching. so at 6 o'clock i started my knit-o-thon. i printed the pattern, picked the yarn, and for the first time ever i made a swatch. then i started. i didn't get much done before i went to bed. but when i went to school i knit and knit and knit. i knit during band. i knit during spanish and i knit during science. in science i finished the first mitt. and i started the second one. well that turned out to be not so much of a short story.

but back to fetching...i LOVE it. i haven't weaved in the ends yet but i keep trying it on. it looks amazing. i don't know what it is but it has something special that makes me feel accomplished. i don't really like gloves so these wll be cozy and for band they will be awesome. and if i change from trombone to sousa in marching band next summer...by the fall these will be great. also i should make some for some friends who play clarinet, flute or, any insturment with "buttons".

well i hope everyone had a great christmas and new years. i did. well i will write more later

xoxo
abby

3 comments:

Kat said...

Fingerless gloves are great for band! So I hear anyway I'm not in it, but most of my friends are. They love for me to make them gloves!

Anonymous said...

wow! $200 sounds like a great deal.
I would maybe give my girls $20, but then they get to pick out yarn from the store and I buy that so there are perks. I think Fetching is fantastic and there is a glove pattern called Glad Hand Gloves I've been wanting to knit for my daughters (flute and clarinet) so they stay warmed. So . . . did you get the bedroom clean? LOL -- Lea-Ann a/k/a KnittingToday

Anonymous said...

Yay, swatching! I never swatch. I should probably start... haha. :)

I saw your link on Ravelry. I added you onto my links... will you add me?

www.knitapickle.wordpress.com